Home 2018-04-29T03:25:48+00:00

Welcome to

Konnor Law Office

A family heritage of service to the Milwaukee community for over 60 years.

Senior Parnter

Chris K. Konnor

Lawyers have their duties as citizens, but they also have special duties as lawyers. Their obligations go far deeper than earning a living as specialists in areas of law. They have a continuing responsibility to uphold the fundamental principles of justice from which the law cannot depart.



Our heritage comes from my father, Paul C. Konnor, who was a “general practice attorney” in Milwaukee from 1950 to 2006. A man of great passion and conviction, he instilled in me more than just a respect for the practice of law but a deep commitment to the needs of our clients who come to us with issues heavy on their hearts and minds. Each client cares about one file in the drawer, theirs, and that’s the way we treat every client — as if theirs were our only case.

Times have changed since 1950 and the practice of law, like most things, has grown more complex and varied. For that reason, we concentrate our efforts around the following areas of law.


You probably never expected your marriage to end in separation or divorce, but now you find yourself in that very situation and in need of legal help.

When marriages end, decisions must be made regarding the legal custody, physical placement and support of the children, the division of marital assets and liabilities and the support of a spouse with limited earning capacity.

Going through divorce is a very difficult time in anyone’s life. You should not go it alone.  Retain an experienced and compassionate attorney to guide you through the process and look out for your interests and the interests of your children. I have thirty years of experience representing clients in divorce court. Call me for a consultation about your case and allow me to explain your rights.


Even though it has been declared that the American economy has recovered from the recession, such is not apparent to many Americans still struggling from the effects of the recession.

And, even if you haven’t been impacted by the recession, you may still have encountered financial hardships along the way. Maybe you have lost a job or have had to take a substantial cut in pay. Maybe you have had unexpected medical bills. Have you tried to manage your debt, but can’t keep up?  If you qualify for Chapter 7 relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code, you may be able to discharge your debt and get a fresh start. If you do not qualify for Chapter 7 relief, you may still be able to manage your debt with a repayment plan under Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. You may also have non-bankruptcy options available to you to help you manage your debt.

I have years of experience helping people like you with their debts. I will explain all of your options and help you choose a strategy of debt elimination or management that best suits your case. Call us for a free consultation.


For most people, their home will be the largest investment they make in their lives. Buying or selling a home requires the negotiation of a written contract and the disclosure of material facts about the property.

If disclosures are not accurately made, serious legal consequences may result. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, call a trusted attorney before you sign an offer to purchase. An attorney’s guidance can help you avoid unpleasant surprises long after the property is bought or sold. If a dispute has already arisen, an experience litigation attorney can help you resolve your dispute in the most favorable way possible.

Don’t assume that having a broker involved in your real estate transaction is all you need. While brokers are very helpful in facilitating real estate transactions, they cannot give you legal advice and cannot represent you should a dispute arise. Put my many years of experience in real estate transactions and litigation to work for you. Call us for a consultation before you sign anything.


Accidents happen and injuries result. Deciding what to do after an accident can be overwhelming. Is somebody responsible for your injuries?

Do you have a viable claim? How can you pursue your claim? Do not hesitate to call an attorney. Mistakes can be made in a short time after an accident that can negatively impact your claim. Call us for advice about your case. You will not be charged legal fees unless I am able to recover compensation for your injuries.


With as much driving as we have to do on a daily basis, it is nearly impossible to avoid small mistakes and the resulting occasional traffic citation.

Traffic citations carry a forfeiture (fine) and demerit points. If you accumulate excessive demerit points, your driving privileges can be suspended or revoked. In addition, your insurance company has access to your driving record and convictions for traffic law violations can negatively affect your insurance premiums.

If you do not contest a citation and go ahead and pay the fine, you will receive the full number of demerit points indicated on the citation and a conviction for the violation specified on the citation will go on your permanent driving record. However, in most cases, the charges specified on the citation can be amended by the court and demerit points reduced. If you have a traffic citation, I can negotiate a reduction in charges and demerit points without the need for you to personally appear in court. Call me today to discuss your case.


When a person dies leaving assets which are subject to probate, a probate estate must be opened and a personal representative appointed to gather assets, pay debts, file tax returns and distribute the net estate to the heirs or beneficiaries of the decedent.

When a person dies having a valid will, they are said to have died “testate.”  In such cases, personal representatives are normally named in the will and those persons, if living and willing to serve, normally petition the court to open a probate estate. Also, when there is a will, beneficiaries are usually named in the will who are designated to receive certain assets of the decent (specific bequests) and/or a percentage of the net estate (general bequests). When a person dies without a will, they are said to have died “intestate.”  In such cases, an “interested person” will normally petition to open a probate estate and be appointed personal representative and the net assets of the estate will ultimately be distributed to the “heirs” of the decedent. Those who are considered the “heirs” of a decedent are determined by state law.

There are various types of probate proceedings. The type of probate proceeding which is most appropriate is determined by factors such as the size and complexity of the estate. In the case of small estates, “summary procedures” may be available, which can normally get small estates settled in less time than larger estates. Some of the types of probate proceedings that are available include formal and informal probate, summary assignment, summary settlement and transfer by affidavit.

An experienced attorney can help determine which type of probate is appropriate, prepare all documents necessary to open an estate, properly interpret the provisions of a will, guide the personal representative through the administration of the estate and take all steps necessary to close the estate as expeditiously as possible. I have 30 years of experience representing personal representatives in probate proceedings. I also have experience in probate related litigation, such as will contests and lost will litigation. In the rare cases where a will is being contested or where the original will of a decedent is lost, call an attorney with experience. Call me for a free consultation.


When a loved one becomes incompetent and has not signed a power of attorney for health care authorizing admittance into a nursing home or community based residential facility…

it may be necessary to commence guardianship and protective placement proceedings in court in order to get the loved one moved to a safer environment. This can be an emotionally difficult time for families. When you have a loved one in need of protection, call me to lead you through the legal process so you can focus on helping your loved one.

Contact Us Today

Request Appointment

Get peace of mind. Give us a call for a free initial consultation.

How to

Find Us

Our office is located conveniently off of I-43 at the Hampton Avenue exit just north of downtown Milwaukee. Unable to get to us? Not a problem, give us a call and we’ll come to you.

Our Address

Konnor Law Office
4701 N Port Washington Rd #101

Milwaukee, WI 53212

Call Us Today